Success Story: Ophthalmic Specialists of Michigan
Ophthalmic Specialists of Michigan (OSM), a leading multi-specialty Ophthalmology practice in Southeast Michigan, was a thriving and quickly expanding group in 2018. With three strategically located clinics and five full time physicians, this growth brought on challenges. The group was outgrowing its facilities and needed to hire more physicians to meet the demand for their services which required more capital and administrative support. OSM partnered with Sunvera Group in August 2018 to address these challenges.
Sunvera Group Resources/Solutions
- Provide Capital for Growth
- Business/Operational expertise in building/development of clinical office space
- IT Infrastructure Management
- Physician Recruitment and Human Resources
- Credentialing Support
- Financial Expertise
- Expanded Dearborn clinic location from a 2,700 sq. ft., 7 clinical lane facility to a new 9,000 sq. ft. 17 clinical lane facility. Further expanded to 4 locations adding a strategically placed clinic.
- Invested nearly $1M in new cutting-edge ophthalmic medical equipment and technology and more than $1.25M in building and expansion of clinical facilities.
- Expanded sub-specialty lines and recruited and hired 4 full time physicians: added Cornea as a sub-specialty signing an experienced cornea specialist as well as adding a glaucoma and a retina specialist and a comprehensive surgeon.
- Efficiently onboarded new physicians by navigating the complexities of credentialing.
- Successfully marketed new doctors filling their scheduling templates with new patients, including the transition of care of established Cornea and Glaucoma patients to OSM.
The result is that OSM has further expanded and grown to a more comprehensive group with increased technology and clinical space providing greater care to the community without increased financial risk or administrative burden to its partner doctors.