At Sunvera Group, our goal is to enrich lives by empowering doctors and teams to advance in the evolving landscape of eye care. The values we display in our daily work are what allow us to be successful in achieving this mission.
Each quarter, we select one stand-out team member throughout the Sunvera network to receive the United in Our Vision Award.
Recipients of the award are those who consistently demonstrate Sunvera’s core values: Put People First, Together we Succeed, and Pursuit of Excellence. This quarter, team members across the organization were asked to nominate a colleague and select one of the three values that best align with the nominee’s strengths and behaviors.
Out of 500+ team members throughout Sunvera, there were 18 nominations, who were then scored by our panel of judges to bring us to our Top 5. We are thrilled to honor Marica Shandor, at Michigan Oculofacial Specialists for her commitment to Together we Succeed!
Here are just some of the comments Melissa’s fellow team members had to say about her.
“Marcia shines in our Reception Department, expertly managing the first contact with patients and doctors with grace and professionalism. Her positive mood and excellent communication skills are invaluable assets to our team.”
– Dr. Zachary Pearce, Michigan Oculofacial Specialists
“Handling front desk responsibilities with stellar finesse, Marcia’s adept at triaging and managing appointments, enhancing patient care and satisfaction. She sets a high bar for patient service efficiency.”
– Dr. Lawrence Handler, Michigan Oculofacial Specialists
– Michelle Stallsmith, Michigan Oculofacial Specialists
“Always delivering beyond expectations, Marcia’s calm and positive approach to teamwork and patient care embodies the spirit of succeeding together.”
– Kathrina Harper, Michigan Oculofacial Specialists
“Marcia’s willingness to assist and her constant professionalism exemplify our office’s values. Her work ethic and positive attitude make her an exemplar team member.”
– Jenna Yearkey (Easlick), Michigan Oculofacial Specialists
Marcia Shandor’s dedication and contributions truly uplifts the team. The way she resonates with her colleagues is deeply human and genuine, and this shines through in the warm and sincere praise they have shared about her.
In addition, we would also like to recognize our team members that were among the Top 5 nominees. This achievement highlights the power of our unity and shared purpose. Thank you for being vital contributors to our joint success.
Tina Larsen – Ophthalmic Specialists of Michigan
Debra Woityra – Wilkinson Eye Center
Kim Zieminski – Ophthalmic Specialists of Michigan
Ceili Shea – Ophthalmic Physicians Inc.
About the United in our Vision Awards
The United in our Vision Awards were created to identify and honor the team members across our organization who truly and consistently demonstrate the values and behaviors that help us to achieve our mission.
- Put People First – Be service-minded, respectful, empathetic and embrace the diversity of our patients and colleagues. Be truthful and act with integrity, creating a safe and ethical environment for all.
- Together we Succeed – Encouraging collaboration in the workplace and demonstrating the value of teamwork. Consistently willing to go beyond your defined role to bring value and enrich the lives of others.
- Pursuit of Excellence – Striving for the highest quality experience regardless of our individual role. Applying innovation and a solution-oriented mindset to advance and improve even in the most challenging situations.
The United in our Vision Awards are a quarterly program, so be sure to look out for the next round of nominations coming soon!